Google can tell how respected your content is in your industry by looking at the pages linking back to your content. It gives your website ranking authority, which Google looks at when assigning page ranking on its search results page. If there is a high domain authority website or blog linking back to your website, Google assigns your content and page higher rank. Being an active guest blogger is one of the most effective ways to improve link juice from authority sites to your own website.
What is Guest Posting in SEO?
Guest posting, also called guest blogging, is a tactic in content marketing strategy. You post on someone else’s blog. You target high-quality sites with higher industry authority. The reason for this is that these sites have a wider audience, and the hope is that you will get to this audience with your blog article.
Manual outreach link building involves contacting blogs that accept guest posts, and making them aware of your content in the hope it will have a positive impact. It is the first step in building a relationship with a view to posting opportunities.
You contact these sites using a personalized guest post email template telling them why you think they may be interested in looking at your blog posts. What is in your content that may add value to the blogger? Where do your marketing cross, or what is in it for the blogger?
The goal of blogger outreach is to get sites with high-ranking blogs interested in your content and hopefully link back to it in their posts. It also opens a path to ask for a guest blogging opportunity, when the blogger you are targeting feels your content would be a good fit for their blog.
What are the benefits of Guest Posts?
Guest posting strategies is key in content marketing as part of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy. A guest blogging strategy benefits include:
- Building relationships with other bloggers in the industry. Your targets are authority sites.
- Getting exposure for your content. A post on a blog with high traffic gives your content the eyeballs it needs to gain traction and pull organic traffic to your site
- Establishing your authority in the industry. Writing informative, relevant and unique content makes your target audience read, take notice and cultivates an interest in more of your content.
- Securing backlink opportunities from high authority sites as part of link building strategy. Good quality content gives the owners of the sites a reason to link to your content. Your link is also in the author bio.
How to submit a Guest Post?
The first step is to find blogs that would expose your content to your desired target audience. Choose a blog that:
- Is in your niche/industry. It will have new readers who would be interested in guest posts.
- Has high engagement from its audience. You can assess the engagement from article comments and social media shares
- Has an owner blogger who is active on social media. There are better chances of your blogging content going viral.
After identifying blogs that accept guest posting opportunities, you can then enquire on the possibility of posting your content on their blogs. For positive responses, you could enquire if they have specific topics they want you to discuss. Generate high quality content and submit. Ask on how to submit blogs, or follow guest post examples to enjoy guest post benefits.
Guest Post Strategy – Step by Step
You can use these steps for a guest posting strategy that works:
- Research – The first step is to find guest blogs with guest post opportunities. You can do a Google search, use content syndicating sites, use industry connections on Twitter and LinkedIn, and analyze competitor backlinks.
- Blogger Outreach – You reach out to the guest bloggers you have identified and get them interested in doing guest posts. You can find some useful Outreach Templates when browsing the web.
- Content Creation– You will follow guest post guidelines. Analyze their target audience. Is it B2B or B2C? What is the level of engagement (beginner, intermediate or expert)? What topics do they read? What is the most appropriate type of content: video, infographics, charts or text articles?
- Edit / Optimize Content– Edit for typos, grammatical errors, and tenses. Ensure you show citations and sources where piece of content need to back up facts. The guest posts should be well written. Do not forget SEO Writing – when editing the content.
- Submit your Guest Post: Follow up on any issues. Write an appreciation email when the blogger publishes your guest post.
Buy Guest Posts – How?
Blogger outreach is time-consuming. Editors of high-ranking sites get thousands of requests each week and are more likely to pass over your emails. You can get ahead by buying guest posts.
There are more guest posting writing opportunities because these services have the relationships and connections with the guest sites you are targeting. You get quicker results when you buy guest posts.
Guest Posting Services
A guest posting service does the heavy work for you. They will do the blogger outreach, write content and have this content published on high-ranking sites, with your desired audience.
Whether you are an online entrepreneur or an affiliate marketer, you can use this service for faster results. Your content will rank higher on Google, as your site gains rank on keywords, and pull in more traffic for steady as well as long-term business growth.
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. If you are making mistakes…you’re Doing Something. “